NMC is re-opening gradually, with our Family Worship Service on Sundays. We currently have - no nursery, Café or Bible Hour Classes. We will gradually add services and ministries as deemed safe to do so. Below are a few suggestions, guidelines, and temporary modifications to accommodate our reopening.
1. If you are sick (fever, cough, etc.), please stay home out of respect for others.
2. If you are over 65 or have underlying conditions, the CDC recommends that you not attend large gatherings yet. However, we will leave the decision to your discretion.
3. In order to minister to those who cannot attend our worship services at this time, we will be filming our services and posting them online through our NMC website following each service.
4. We will be taking additional health and sanitation precautions for our meetings.
All our pews, restrooms, and common surfaces will be sanitized prior to all meetings.
Hand Sanitizer will be available in the church foyer and other locations as we re-open.
Although not required, you may choose to wear a mask. If you do not have a mask or forgot yours, we will have masks available.
5. We will make the following changes in our worship services to avoid unnecessary contact with surfaces.
Our ushers will not be distributing bulletins. We will have a table in the foyer with bulletins (and children's bulletins) available for you to pick up.
Rather than passing offering plates, we now have an offering box in the back of the worship center for your offerings. (NOTE: We were already planning to make this change prior to COVID-19) You may also choose to give online through our NMC website.
We will not be having Communion Services for a while, in order to avoid potential Covid-19 infection.
6. We will be making the following changes to accommodate social distancing per CDC guidelines and suggestions.
Our greeters and ushers will not be shaking hands or hugging people. However, they will still greet you with a friendly smile or wave.
We will sit only in every-other pew. This allows a vacant pew between family groups for social distancing.
We encourage family units to sit together and non-family units to sit 6 feet apart.
NOTE - We understand that there are a variety of opinions on the subject of COVID-19. Please guard the unity of our church family by loving and respecting each other. While this pandemic has brought much anxiety and chaos throughout the world, we know that genuine peace comes only through Jesus Christ. Keep your eyes focused on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith.